Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Professor

Just pushed publish on THE PROFESSOR. It will be live on Amazon by tomorrow morning :) Yay!. Here's the cover again, along with the description and an excerpt.



Kayla Ellis has everything going for her. She's well on her way to being admitted into one of the best business schools in the country, and things are looking up.
Then she receives disastrous news when she fails an exam in the last prerequisite course she has to take. Now she's forced to work closely with the Professor to make up her grade - a man she's tried hard to avoid all semester.
Sparks fly as the two try to keep things professional between them. But in the end, can they both hold out on what they truly desire?

EXCERPT:

I pushed my chair closer to him and leaned in over his shoulder, pointing at one of the graphs on the paper. That was when I got another whiff of his striking scent. It was intoxicating, and its effect overpowered me.

Heat rushed to my face and I had to catch myself before I fell into him. My head went thick with a haze, and my heart pounded hard in my chest.

When I finally came to my senses I saw that his eyes were locked on me. We were so close, only inches apart. The heat of his breath washed over me - it smelled sweet; minty. His eyes bounced between mine and my lips, and I felt a sudden wave of numbness go through me.

I wanted to collapse into him - to let him whisk me away to some magical far off land. My eyes began sinking closed. I could feel my weight tipping forward, and the warning sirens in my head began going off. I was so close to the edge; so close to falling off.

“I think that’s enough for today,” he whispered in a pained voice. The soothing, minty breath washed over me again.

I shook my head, snapping out of the daze.

“Right,” I whispered back at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment