Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ruined By You - Teaser

Hey everyone,

Ruined By You has had a great weekend. Reviews are starting to come in, and it looks like everyone is really liking it! Yay!

I thought it would be nice to post up another teaser :).

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Party pooper,” Kyle said to him. He took a step away, before spinning back around. “You know, you should really watch the mouth on this one,” he said, pointing at me. He held his open palm up to the side of his mouth, pretending to tell Haden a secret, but he raised his voice, making sure I could still hear. “She may look like she an eighth grader, but she’s curses at a sophomore level.” He gave me one more wide-eyed, condescending look, then turned to Haden, again. “You’ve been warned.”

My teeth clenched, together, and everything turned blood red. I reacted without thinking, without knowing what I was doing.

I grabbed the martini glass he’d put in front of me, and launched myself forward.

“ASSHOLE,” I screamed, as I flung the entire cocktail into his face.

The alcohol splashed everywhere, and Haden bounced back to avoid it. Kyle’s face went wide with shock. My pulse raced, and I felt a nervous energy running through me.

A nearby table of girls whooped and clapped for me. They started yelling insults at him in my support. I couldn’t help but laugh at the way he looked. His look of indignation was priceless.

“Sorry,” I said. “I must only have table manners at a second grade level.”

His eyes widened, and flashed dangerously.

“You’ll regret that,” he said. He picked a napkin off the table and dabbed it at his face. He eyed Haden, hard. “Don’t wait up for me, honey. I might be out late.”

No comments:

Post a Comment